Sunday, January 30, 2011

journey begins

7:15am
I came off work [yes, I did work 12 hours last night!!], but before anybody feels sorry for me let me tell you that I'm still wide awake right now even without caffeine. I guess this is purely adrenaline rush. Thank God it wasn't freezing cold outside and I didn't need to scrape ice off my newly washed and waxed car ;). In fact it was a beautiful morning. I feel so blessed already.

9:00am
We went to Reno-Tahoe International Airport to get the rental car from Hertz and we actually chose a red Rav4 [exactly like my car so it would just feel like travelling on my own car].

11:30am
Finally left Reno!! I couldn't count how many times I've come up and down the stairs, paced in and out the bedrooms and all over the whole house making sure I did not forget anything.

We're still halfway [no, not really ;)] but we're on our way. And of course hubby is driving [obviously!!], that's why I have both my hands on my cellphone right now writing this entry. We're going to stop over Sacramento to grab some lunch. This is a 4-hour drive from Reno to San Francisco International Airport then another 16-hour flight before we can finally get there [but how I really wish I can just fast forward time and be in Manila already].